Homemade Kickin' it Italian Sausage
- 1 T Dried Sweet Basil
- 2 t. Oregano, whole, dry
- 1 t. Thyme, whole, dry
- 1.5 t Fennel Seed
- 1 Bulb garlic, peeled, chilled
- ½ c Ice water
- Peel and Process garlic. Chill.
- Mix Kickin’ It, herbs, spices and sugar, set aside.
- Place cold meat in chilled mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle spices over meat and begin mixing on low speed.
- Drizzle in ice water. Mix at low while adding until incorporated.
- Add chilled, fresh garlic, then mix one minute on medium speed.
- Use as desired
- Press out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan into a 6-8 inch wide, flat loaf about 1-½ inches thick.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees until it is no longer pink inside or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.