Kickin’ it Smashed Salt and Vinegar Potatoes
Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes are an incredibly easy and delicious snack, side dish or meal accompaniment!
- Small Potatoes
- Olive OIl
- Kickin' it at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- Malt Vinegar (or other vinegar of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Toss in a little olive oil to coat
- Season liberally with Kickin’ It!
- Arrange potatoes on a sheet pan
- Place in oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until crisp and tender
- Remove potatoes from oven
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then smash them carefully so as to not break them up
- Arrange onto the sheet pan again in a single layer
- Drizzle generously with olive oil
- Return them to the oven on the top rack
- Roast another 15- 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown
- Remove from oven
- While still hot, sprinkle generously with malt Vinegar
- Serve immediately
Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes are an incredibly easy and delicious snack, side dish, or meal accompaniment! I mean, we are talking about roasty, savory, salty, crisp-tender, smashed potatoes, after all! And, our Fresh Garlic Seasoning Salt really kicks it up a notch! I love using yellow potatoes because they are pleasantly starchy. They crisp up nicely and they are a beautiful golden color. They get even more beautiful when they brown up and get all crispy...oh yum! You can use any potato for this recipe but drier, starchier varieties will work best. Try serving them with a whole, roasted chicken (Part 2, Part 2b), bone broth gravy, and pan steamed green beans. For a snack they are great served with scratch-made or store-bought dipping sauces. I personally love a little drizzle of homemade aioli. For a yummy vegetarian meal, try simply pairing them with a crispy green salad!