Explosive, fresh garlic flavor make our salts unique and easy to use. No fillers or artificial ingredients — just real food! Use anywhere you’d use a savory salt; finishing, marinating, rubs, braising and barbeque are just a few ways you can use our Seasoning Salt blends every day. You can see, feel, and taste the difference!
Kickin' It at the Lake
We’ve added japones chilis to our salt, pepper, and FRESH Garlic Blend to bring up the heat and add a little KICK!
The perfect seasoning to elevate a sweet and savory treat. Add anywhere you would add salt. Sprinkle on hamburgers, steaks, vegetables, french or steak fries, salads, roasts, chicken and pork chops. Add to soups, stews, bloody marys, dressings, sauces, dips and appetizers. Delicious sprinkled on popcorn, broiled shrimp, deep-fried vegetables or rice. Get ready to feel the KICK!
Interested in carrying Kickin’ It at the Lake?
Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes are an incredibly easy and delicious snack, side dish or meal accompaniment!
- Small Potatoes
- Olive OIl
- Kickin’ it at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- Malt Vinegar (or other vinegar of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Toss in a little olive oil to coat
- Season liberally with Kickin’ It!
- Arrange potatoes on a sheet pan
- Place in oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until crisp and tender
- Remove potatoes from oven
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then smash them carefully so as to not break them up
- Arrange onto the sheet pan again in a single layer
- Drizzle generously with olive oil
- Return them to the oven on the top rack
- Roast another 15- 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown
- Remove from oven
- While still hot, sprinkle generously with malt Vinegar
- Serve immediately
- 5 oz. Crumbled feta
- 2 ea Green peppers
- 1 ea Cucumber
- 1 ea Small red onion
- 5 ea Ripe tomatoes
- Handful Kalamata olives
- 2 T Chopped, fresh oregano or 1 t. dried
3-4 T Extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 T Red wine vinegar
- To Taste KickIn’ It Seasoning Salt
- Crumble the feta into small chunks.
- Split, remove seeds and dice the peppers
- Peel and slice the cucumber and onion
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients except the oregano, oil and vinegar in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the salad with the oregano, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and dress with the oil and red wine vinegar.
- Bell Peppers
- Dried Basil, Thyme, and Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Sweet Basil
- Kickin’ it at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut all veggies to desired size. (3/4-1 inch is a good size for this dish).
- Place all the veggies in an appropriate sized bowl.
- Toss with olive or salad oil of your choosing. Coat lightly but evenly for best results.
- Season with herbs, and Kickin’ It Seasoning Salt
- Place oiled and seasoned vegetables onto sheet pans in a fairly thin, even layer. It is important to not overload the pans as this will lead to the creation of steam which will not allow the vegetable to brown as readily.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes and check. Stir and/or rotate pans as necessary.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese
- Roast until the mushrooms and onions and cheese brown up nicely. You can estimate a total roast time of about 15-20 minutes but this will vary based on cut size and oven.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Corn on the Cob
- Kickin’ it at the Lake Seasoning Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes and carrots to desired size (1 inch pieces is a good size for this dish).
- Cut the corn through the cob into approximately one inch disks.
- Place all veggies into an appropriate sized bowl.
- Toss with olive oil or salad oil of your choosing. Coat lightly but evenly for best results. All veggies should be shiny.
- Season with Kickin’It and a small amount of honey.
- Place oiled and seasoned vegetables onto lightly oiled or Parchment paper lined sheet pans in a fairly thin, even layer. It is important to not overload the pans as this will lead to the creation of steam which will not allow the vegetable to brown as readily.
- Roast for about 10 minutes then check and stir if necessary.
- Return to oven and roast until the potatoes are nicely browned and tender. You can estimate a total roast time of about 20-30 minutes but this will vary based on cut size and oven.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. A little more honey at the end will add a nice shiny glaze.
- Serve immediately!
- 4 lb Ground Pork Shoulder, very cold
- 2 T + 1 t. Kickin’ it at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- 1 T Sugar
- 2 oz White or Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 T Black Pepper
- 1 T Dried Sweet Basil
- 2 t. Oregano, whole, dry
- 1 t. Thyme, whole, dry
- 1.5 t Fennel Seed
- 1 Bulb garlic, peeled, chilled
- ½ c Ice water
- Peel and Process garlic. Chill.
- Mix Kickin’ It, herbs, spices and sugar, set aside.
- Place cold meat in chilled mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle spices over meat and begin mixing on low speed.
- Drizzle in ice water.
- Mix at low while adding until incorporated.
- Add chilled, fresh garlic, then mix one minute on medium speed.
- Use as desired
- Press out onto a parchment-line sheet pan into a 6-8 inch wide, flat loaf about 1-½ inches thick.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees until it is no longer pink inside or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Yields about 24 – 2oz servings
- 2# or about 10 ea Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 ea Large onion, diced
- 1 lg bunch Fresh Cilantro, washed, chiffonade cut
- 6 ea Fresh Limes, juiced or about ½ c.
- 1/4 c. Fresh Garlic, mashed
- 3 ea Jalapeños, small dice, seeds/pith discarded
- To Taste Kickin’It Seasoning Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir to combine
- Season to Taste with Kickin’ It at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- Combine equal parts basic salsa and chiffonade cut of green cabbage.
- Add 2 cups of small diced fresh stone fruit (peach, plum, apricot, cherry) or pineapple.
- Add a bit of sugar, if necessary to balance sweet and savory.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Add one-cup of cooked black beans and one cup of whole kernel corn.
- Split an avocado or two, Remove the seed and skin.
- Place avocado in a bowl and rough chop it with the side of a spoon.
- Fold in some Salsa Mexicana.
- Leave the avocados a little chunky.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed/desired.
Serves 8-10 as a side dish
- 7 or 8 Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
- 1 to 1-½ cups Chicken or Veggie Broth well seasoned to taste with Kickin’ It at the Lake Seasoning Salt
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF with the rack near the middle of the oven.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Slice Sweet potatoes with the goal of maintaining consecutive slices and the original shape of the potato.
- Arrange, fanned out in the baking dish in long rows or concentric circles
- Season the broth with Kickin’ It so that it is slightly too salty.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the broth/cream mixture reduces to a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle with sharp cheese such as Asiago, Romano or sharp Cheddar for the last five minutes in the oven.